Thursday, May 27, 2010

Error 7043 on SharePoint 2010 RTM "Load control template file /_controltemplates/TaxonomyPicker.ascx failed"

So, I am getting this error on my SharePoint servers (Running Windows 2008 SP2).

After doing some search I did find Blogs ( Blog 1, and Blog 2) that describe "fix" by doing the following:

1. Navigate to /14/ControlTemplates/TaxonomyPicker.ascx user control

2. Open the user control in a text editor and locate the first line
3. Find the character string , and replace with a comma ‘,’ (without quotes).
4. Save the user control and you have completed fixing this bug

I am not sure I want to do this at this point, since this action seems a hack to me and Microsoft my release an update to fix the issue.

In short, I can live with this error till Microsoft release either a KB article or an update for this issue.

1 comment:

  1. The video game industry revolutionizes video games
    ‎Famicom Amiga: Genesis, Amstrad CPC, Commodore Amiga, and youtube downloader Amstrad CPC. ‎Sega Genesis.

    ReplyDelete